Audience Segments will help you control and organize your Audience
🧰 What You Will Need
A Searchie account
Searchie Audience members
Step 1 - Create a new Audience Segment
Head to the Audiences tab inside of your Searchie account.
Click on the Funnel icon to open the audience filter and segment menu.
Step 2 - Select Audience Segment conditions
Use the Filter Group dropdown menu to narrow down your audience list based on specific filters and conditions.
Audience Segments have several conditions to choose from to organize your Audience. They include: Personal details, Billing details, Billing status, Hubs, Hub Activity and (Audience) Tags.
- Personal details - Allows you to segment your Audience by their name, email or the date they joined your Audience including custom relative dates, either through invite or the Native Registration feature.
- Billing details - Allows you to segment your Audience by the products and plans they have purchased through the Searchie Payments.
- Billing status - Allows you to segment your Audience by their billing status if they've purchased access to a Hub with Searchie Payments.
- Hubs - Segment your Audience by the Hub(s) they have access to.
- Hub Activity - Segment your Audience based on Content Consumption.
- Audience Tags - Segment your Audience by the Audience Tags that have been applied to their Audience profile.
There is no limit on the amount of conditions which you can select. Keep in mind, that you need at least ONE condition for the Segment to function.
Step 3 - Select operators
After selecting the condition to Segment your Audience, select the operator for that specific condition before filling out the next field. This helps us sort your audience in a very specific way, such as having or not having an Audience Tag.
Step 4 - Finalize your Segment
After you have figured out the conditions to group your audience, you can preview the Segment to confirm it's working properly by selecting Apply Filters.
After clicking Apply Filters you will see the changes reflected in your Audience list, you can save your new Segment by clicking Save as segment.
Step 5 - Making changes to your Segment
If you need to adjust the conditions for the segment after realizing the previewed users are not the desired ones, make those changes and then hit Save Segment when you're done.
You're essentially building out a logic statement 🤓. This statement, combined with the other statements in the same filter group AND/OR the statements in other filter groups will determine if an audience member belongs in this specific Segment.
Step 6 - Building on your Audience Segment
If you need to create more complex segments, create a new Filter group entirely by clicking ➕Add New Group button below the initial Filter group.
You may add new filters to the current filter group, and swap between the AND/OR conditions to make it so either every condition must be true (AND) or only one condition must be true (OR) for an audience member to appear in the segment.
Conditional logic is tricky stuff. This article speaks about "If-Then Statements" and how they are used in marketing automations. In your Searchie Audience, we only care about the "If" part of these statement, as the "Then" is always that the Audience member appears in the Segment.
Don't forget to hit 💾 Save!
📚 Up Next
Invite Audience members to your Hub
Integrate Stripe with Searchie Payments
Export a Segment